In Rotaish: Low Key Amazing Buffalo Chicken Salad
In The Rotation means that Joe and Sydney make this meal maybe one a week or once every two weeks. It's always a super dependable dinner that's quick, healthy-ish and delicious. Like a good pitcher in baseball, this dish is constantly in the rotation.
WHAT: Low Key Amazing, Not as Unhealthy As it Could Be, Buffalo Chicken Salad.
WHY: Buffalo chicken. Enough said. We love buffalo chicken. We'll put it in a pizza, in mac and cheese or on top of a salad. Thankfully for our waistlines, we don't always have the buffalo chicken pizza or mac and cheese on the menu. We do ALWAYS have this salad on the menu. It's a wonderfully quick weeknight dinner. Just make your buffalo chicken and top your favorite salad with it!
- Create your buffalo chicken goodness.
- You will need - a rotisserie chicken, a bottle of frank's hot sauce (you'll maybe need a cup, but it depends on your heat preference), and a package of blue cheese crumbles.
- Dismantle the rotisserie chicken and get all the meat off and into a bowl. If you did the dismantling, eat one of the wings, go ahead, you deserve it. Joe and his brother, Daniel, always do.
- Pour in half a cup to a cup of Frank's Hot Sauce into the bowl with the meat. Again, maybe more, maybe less. Make sure your chicken is coated but not swimming.
- Throw some blue cheese crumbles into your saucy chicken. If we get a standard container (4oz.), we usually throw in half. Top your salad with some more if you'd like!
- Throw it all on top of your favorite salad!
- We will usually use kale or even shredded brussel sprouts for our green in our salad. You'll want something that's hardy to stand up to the buffalo chicken goodness.
- Sometimes, we'll have it with some bread. I'm currently trying to perfect an Irish soda bread recipe so usually I'll try to bang out a loaf when we have it.